Graphtec FCX 2000 Series Flatbed Cutting Plotters w/ ARMS 6.0
The FCX2000 flatbed cutter is the ultimate solution for prototyping and small production runs of rigid packaging media and other sheet fed materials. With Graphtec’s medium to large flatbed cutting plotters, you have the right tool for contour cutting without requiring a die. Reduce media waste and processing time with included, dedicated software.
Added offline, USB flash memory enables operators of all skill levels to process various types of media for cutting.
New Included Features:
- Vacuum Suction:
Holds media with the use of external electric vacuum pump. This is the preferred method for heavier and thicker media.
- Redesigned Cutting Table (from FC2250 Series):
Has increased hold-down capability by its increased number of vacuum holes. This redesign is significantly valuable when cutting smaller objects that have less of a surface area.
- Enhanced ARMS form improved contour cutting
- Cutting Master 4 plug-in for Illustrator and Corel
- New intuitive LCD display
- Serial, Ethernet, and USB
Tool Holders & Cutting/Creasing Tools:
Dual head design delivers 500G and 1000G of force at speeds up to 400mm/s. Process delicate and thick materials – including: rubylith, static cling film, vinyl, rubber sandblast, diamond grade reflective, chipboard, E flute*, and more.
- Operate the FCX2000 for contour cutting and creasing or marking -- on the same job!
- Maximum Cutting Force: Tool 1 : 500 gf; Tool 2 : 1,000 gf
Enhanced ARMS 6.0 for Improved Productivity of Contour Cutting Applications
The FXC2000 features Graphtec’s newest Advanced Registration Mark Sensing System Version 6.0 for even more improved contour cutting of your pre-printed graphics for package prototyping, reflective sheeting and many other professional rigid applications—using Cutting Master 4, Graphtec Pro Studio, and including most industry standard cutting software.
- ARMS Copy Function: Cut data is able to be copied multiple times for streamlined productivity! Internally, the FCX2000 is able to scan the first four registration marks on the first sheet, and only requires scanning the first mark on subsequent (identical) sheets. This shortened scan detection method increases overall productivity.
- Reverse Side Cutting and Creasing Method: Cutting and creasing of pre-printed packaging graphics is possible on the reverse (non-printed) side of the sheet. This method of reverse side cutting and creasing prevents damage and marking of the printed side. This option is currently available using Cutting Master 4 or Graphtec Pro Studio software with the FCX2000.
- Expanded Contour Cutting Area: This included function expands the print and cut area to include objects outside of the registration marks! Production efficiency is enhanced and media waste is reduced.
- Supports Standard Crop Marks: Contour cutting pre-printed media is also possible using “standard crop marks.” This operation is available with the included Cutting Master 4 plug-in workflow.
- Reversed Color Registration Marks Registraiton marks are detectable when there is sufficient contrast against the mark and its background. Ultra glossy and reflective media offer challenges for accurate registration mark detection. With this reversed color output, the sufficient contrast is brought back for the ability to contour cut pre-printed ultra glossy and reflecting sheeting.
USB Flash Memory Offline Operation Supported
Cut and plot data is created with Cutting Master 4 or Graphtec Pro Studio. That saved data may be transferred to a USB flash memory and the cut plot data file can be selected from the USB on the FCX2000 using its menu operations. This simplified work-flow enables users to operate without being connected to the computer.Data Management Using Bar-Code Function with USB Flash Memory
When performing contour cutting, also known as “Print & Cut”, the cutting data is automatically selected from the prepared USB flash memory. The FCX2000 scans the barcode printed on the media then automatically performs the contour cutting job. This emerging method helps to prevent operator error of using incorrect data–thus improving workflow efficiency.
Includes Graphtec’s Enhanced Application Software Solutions:
Enhanced graphic design and cutting software for creating original production files, Graphtec Pro Studio comes standard with functions such as auto-shapes, shading, and industry standard editing functions. It can also configure the cutting conditions and other settings on the cutting plotter. Importing of EPS, Ai, CMX, and PDF file types are supported. Graphics created with other popular design software can also be imported.
The included Graphtec Studio for Mac OSX is a reliable and intuitive application software for cutting and producing original designs. Graphic images can be easily created by using the program icons that are arranged around the drawing area.
Graphtec Cutting Master 4 is the industry’s premiere plug-in software for Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. This plug-in allows you to create and produce all of your graphics directly in the software and send the cut data directly to the cutting plotter. Cutting Master 4 includes a variety of functions such as: preview, registration mark creation, tool conditions, cut job settings and more! Cutting Master 4 is easy to use and enables you to get the best possible performance from your cutter plotter.
FCX2000 Safety & Convenience Hardware Features:
- Improved & Increased Y-bar Rigidity for Precision Cutting Accuracy
- Safety Enhancement: A new, dedicated emergency STOP switch is at the ready!
- Roll-Media Stocker: The FCX2000 comes equipped with a mounted roll-media stocker. Supports media width up to 37.4" and weight up to 11 lbs.
- Intuitive 3.7 inch Graphic LCD: Onboard control and settings are simplified using the equipped 3.7" LCD (240x128 dots) and tactile control panel.
- Loupe for Cutting Blade (PM-CT-001): This standard accessory helps to easily adjust the extruded blade lengths for the PHP33 and PHP35 blade holders.
The FCX2000 comes in three table sizes:
- FC2250-60 24" X 36"
- FC2250-120 36" X 47.2"
- FC2250-180 36" X 70.8"